This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Missing NTLDR file! Need help!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My machine will not start without doing a boot using the boot menu. Once the machine is turned on, the Compaq screen loads, and at the bottom it reads (press Esc Boot menu) (F10 Restore console). I hold down the esc key and the boot menu window loads, I then highlight 3rd master hit enter and the machine boots up just fine. My machine came with Windows XP, so I was instructed to make two restore disk which are CD's. That's all I have. Anybody got a fix. Once I get the machine up and running everything seems normal. It just will not boot on it's own. Own it's own, I get a black screen which the message in the upper left hand corner of the screen reads Missing NTLDR file press ctl alt del.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI