win XP did System recovery now black screen and wont boot
2 min read
Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 3 days, post a message here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/What_Do_If_Y…ays_t78698.html
Please ignore my useless post. Not sure what I was thinking but if you've done a System Recovery then there is no malware. My apologies.
Please read here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen…cname=c00220758
I cannot find the original post so I will quote Ztruker on how to get to a recovery console as talked about in the link I provided if you have no other way to get there.
Download and create a bootable CD from the .iso file XP Recovery Console
You don't burn the iso file itself to CD., you create a CD from the iso file using your CD burning software. There is a good freeware burner called ImgBurn which will
do this.
Boot the CD and at the first opportunity, enter R to start the Recovery Console.
Next, choose which XP installation you want to login to. Normally this will be 1.
Lastly you will be asked for the Administrator password. Just press the Enter key as the Administrator does not have a password (unless you gave it one, then you would enter it).
Once the machine is booting your next stop is the malware removal forum because a "non-destructive" recovery does not remove viruses.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI