Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

? about online connection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SonFlower2002

SonFlower2002

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:56 PM

I'm using windows xp pro on my Toshiba laptop computer. The trouble I have is with my internet connection. We have a cable connection and I have a wireless connection and my router is a linksys router. I have the icon at the bottom that says my speed is 11.0 Mbps Single Strength is Excellent and Status says Connected. My trouble is that if email comes in and it's an html email sometimes it will connect all the way and I'll get the pictures but there are sometimes which is most times I don't get the pictures, ( I have my email options set to receive pictures so that is not the problem) I can't connect to any newsgroups and I can't connect to any web sites via IE or Firefox. Sometimes I can connect with no trouble. Sometimes all it seems to take is for me to close down my husbands laptop and then I can connect. I was wondering if the problem could be my router. Should I buy a newer router? do they come in different strengths? We have 3 computers running in this house at almost all times and soon to be 4. I posted a help question a few weeks ago and someone tried to help but was unable to. Thanks for anyone who tries to help me.

Advertisements

Register to Remove