I'm using windows xp pro on my Toshiba laptop computer. The trouble I have is with my internet connection. We have a cable connection and I have a wireless connection and my router is a linksys router. I have the icon at the bottom that says my speed is 11.0 Mbps Single Strength is Excellent and Status says Connected. My trouble is that if email comes in and it's an html email sometimes it will connect all the way and I'll get the pictures but there are sometimes which is most times I don't get the pictures, ( I have my email options set to receive pictures so that is not the problem) I can't connect to any newsgroups and I can't connect to any web sites via IE or Firefox. Sometimes I can connect with no trouble. Sometimes all it seems to take is for me to close down my husbands laptop and then I can connect. I was wondering if the problem could be my router. Should I buy a newer router? do they come in different strengths? We have 3 computers running in this house at almost all times and soon to be 4. I posted a help question a few weeks ago and someone tried to help but was unable to. Thanks for anyone who tries to help me.