This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

MSN Messenger problems....

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, Im having problems signing in to msn messenger (version 8) this is the error I get: sorry, we were unable to sign you into windows live messenger at this time. Please try again later. to let us try and troubleshoot the problem, click the troubleshoot button error code: 80048820 extended error code: 80048439 Troubleshoot — Close — Help *********************************************************** sometimes clicking on troubleshoot and repairing works and sometimes it doesnt. any solutions???
What Firewall are you using? Edit: If you are using a software firewall like Kerio, Sygate, ZoneAlarm, etc.: Check in the "Programs" portion of the firewall to see if settings there are blocking you MSN Messenger. I'd recommend that you remove all versions of MSN Messenger from your Firewall's list of Programs. Then Add MSN Messenger back and give it the permissions that you prefer. Best Regards
hmm…. -I checked my system clock -I typed 'regsvr32 softpub.dll' in RUN -I also cleared the Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) checkbox. and still I get the same error

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI