This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Live Messenger Internet Explorer Script Error

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey guys!

Everytime I open the MSN window, or start up MSN, I get this error message:
http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorar6.jpg

This has never happened before and I looked around for solutions but they don't seem to work (the most common: disabling IE debugging, reinstalling MSN)
It's quite aggravating, the ENTER or ESC keys don't function for the MSN windows (for sending messages or closing the window). I'd have to manually click the buttons.
However, I did just install Outpost Firewall, but I allowed MSN for everything :(

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like there is a programming error on the page (Java Script). In IE6, click on Tools->Internet Options->Advanced. Under Browsing uncheck the option "Display a notification about every script error". Will be the same or similar for IE7 (which I don't have or want).
For everyone else with this issue…

I had it too, caused by a custom HOSTS file that blocks the MSN ad servers. Apparently it annoys Messenger somewhat, so it throws up an error.

I fixed it by commenting out the offending lines, which I'm pretty sure were….

127.0.0.1  rad.msn.com
127.0.0.1  a.rad.msn.com
127.0.0.1  b.rad.msn.com
Hey, um too Raktor & Ztruker, What do i do with 127.0.0.1 rad.msn.com 127.0.0.1 a.rad.msn.com 127.0.0.1 b.rad.msn.com And how do i get rid of WLM

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI