Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Mysterious problem.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:34 PM

Yes indeed it is. I will try to keep this short and I know most people love to hate this software, but in this case it is the only one offered for the site <http://2gb.com/>
With most radio stations here in Australia you have a choice of software (WMP or RP) to stream their programs - but <http://2gb.com/> only offers Realplayer. For me I cannot get their streaming and I cannot find out why. Other radio stations that stream with Real Player I am able to enjoy namely <http://2ch.com.au/>

BUT yesterday when not able to receive <http://2gb.com/> I asked a friend in London to try if he could access their streaming and he could listen at the very same time as I could not. So there is nothing wrong with <http://2gb.com/> end, but a setting I would imagine my end that prevents me from listening to their streaming.

Question: Why can I listen to one radio station that uses Real Player and not the other?

Thanks, would be please of a reply. :rofl:

Kind regards,

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:56 PM

Sounds like a "local" problem. As I remember, you have internet connection via "proxy". I'd contact either/both your broadband provider and the radio station and request information about connection and log-on settings. Have them stay on the phone and walk you through the settings til you get what you want. The Radio station would be motivated to help, because they want you to get what their advertisers offer. The Broadband supplier should help because you're paying for their service. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for the reply - Since writing to the forum on this subject I decided to concentrate on the preferences within Real Player to see if I could detect an obvious problem. In connections I tried the following: NORMAL: DUAL ISDN (128kbps) MAXIMUM: DSL/CABLE (512kbps) * enabled: Assume I am online. My actual broadband plan is ADSL 512/128k Then I tried to connect and what do you know I am now listening to 2GB. I have had much contact with both my ISP and Radio 2GB with not a lot of success really. For the moment I seem to have solved the problem for today at any rate. Last week 2GB did a test using WMP for their streaming, emailed me and asked me to test it and I had no problems connecting. BUT like everything good, they decided to go back to streaming with Realplayer which was a disappointment to me to say the least. Best regards,

#4 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:43 PM

What'cha listen'n to? I've got some Genesis/Phil Colins going on in the background. And thanks for letting us all know what you did to resolve your situation! :) Doug

Edited by dough, 20 October 2006 - 07:45 PM.

#5 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:58 PM

"What'cha listen'n to?"

We're all different. Who did you say you had in the background!!!! :wavey:

all the best,

H

#6 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:20 PM

Phil Colins was lead in a hard driving Rock band in the '80's, called Genesis. Rock n' Roll with lots of Drum and Guitar and Sensational Vocals from Phil Colins. I may be "old" but I ain't dead. :D Phil Colins/Genesis can really get the blood stirring in these bones! At other times, I enjoy symphony, Oldies, newer Country Western, and some jazz/blues vocalists. Gotta admit though, that when it comes to radio, I'm a "News-talk radio" junkie. I've got a dozen AM stations pre-set in my ole' 84 Toyota Truck.

#7 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:50 PM

:D I know who Phil Collins is? I am not dead either! 2GB is a talk back. I am addicted to talkback also. You should listen as you have the website. I especially like 5.30am to 10am Mon-Frid with Alan Jones, he is a broadcaster here, very well respected, keeps me up with world events. Your 17 hours behind us, so when Alan is on it would be 12.30pm the day before! You can have your lunch while you are updated with Oz events! For music I like light classical ie Italian Opera Choruses especially VERDI: Nabucco Chorus of Hebrew Slaves. Andrea Bocelli, Neil Diamond, Pavarotti, Mozart, Sarah Brightman. All the best, H

#8 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

I decided to switch to Sarah Brightman. Listening to her Diva album. Streaming audio from her Website. Sweet!