This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Mysterious problem.

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Yes indeed it is. I will try to keep this short and I know most people love to hate this software, but in this case it is the only one offered for the site <http://2gb.com/>
With most radio stations here in Australia you have a choice of software (WMP or RP) to stream their programs - but <http://2gb.com/> only offers Realplayer. For me I cannot get their streaming and I cannot find out why. Other radio stations that stream with Real Player I am able to enjoy namely <http://2ch.com.au/>

BUT yesterday when not able to receive <http://2gb.com/> I asked a friend in London to try if he could access their streaming and he could listen at the very same time as I could not. So there is nothing wrong with <http://2gb.com/> end, but a setting I would imagine my end that prevents me from listening to their streaming.

Question: Why can I listen to one radio station that uses Real Player and not the other?

Thanks, would be please of a reply. :rofl:

Kind regards,
Sounds like a "local" problem. As I remember, you have internet connection via "proxy". I'd contact either/both your broadband provider and the radio station and request information about connection and log-on settings. Have them stay on the phone and walk you through the settings til you get what you want. The Radio station would be motivated to help, because they want you to get what their advertisers offer. The Broadband supplier should help because you're paying for their service. Best Regards
Thanks for the reply - Since writing to the forum on this subject I decided to concentrate on the preferences within Real Player to see if I could detect an obvious problem. In connections I tried the following: NORMAL: DUAL ISDN (128kbps) MAXIMUM: DSL/CABLE (512kbps) * enabled: Assume I am online. My actual broadband plan is ADSL 512/128k Then I tried to connect and what do you know I am now listening to 2GB. I have had much contact with both my ISP and Radio 2GB with not a lot of success really. For the moment I seem to have solved the problem for today at any rate. Last week 2GB did a test using WMP for their streaming, emailed me and asked me to test it and I had no problems connecting. BUT like everything good, they decided to go back to streaming with Realplayer which was a disappointment to me to say the least. Best regards,
What'cha listen'n to? I've got some Genesis/Phil Colins going on in the background. And thanks for letting us all know what you did to resolve your situation! :) Doug
Phil Colins was lead in a hard driving Rock band in the '80's, called Genesis. Rock n' Roll with lots of Drum and Guitar and Sensational Vocals from Phil Colins. I may be "old" but I ain't dead. :D Phil Colins/Genesis can really get the blood stirring in these bones! At other times, I enjoy symphony, Oldies, newer Country Western, and some jazz/blues vocalists. Gotta admit though, that when it comes to radio, I'm a "News-talk radio" junkie. I've got a dozen AM stations pre-set in my ole' 84 Toyota Truck.
:D I know who Phil Collins is? I am not dead either! 2GB is a talk back. I am addicted to talkback also. You should listen as you have the website. I especially like 5.30am to 10am Mon-Frid with Alan Jones, he is a broadcaster here, very well respected, keeps me up with world events. Your 17 hours behind us, so when Alan is on it would be 12.30pm the day before! You can have your lunch while you are updated with Oz events! For music I like light classical ie Italian Opera Choruses especially VERDI: Nabucco Chorus of Hebrew Slaves. Andrea Bocelli, Neil Diamond, Pavarotti, Mozart, Sarah Brightman. All the best, H

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI