This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Radio trouble

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Since quite some time I am trying to figure out why I am no longer able to listen to web radio stations. I presume it happened some time ago with one of the frequent MS updates. When loading the homepage of a Bavarian radio station and clicking on the live broadcast icon I get a message that a valid plug-in could not be found on my browser. I do have both Windows media player and Real-Player installed on my system. It appears the radio station prefers a flash player (again I have Java and adobe flash players installed) and is unable to start it. I did disable the firewall just in case it was blocking the connection, but got the same error. I also noticed that since about the same time I lost the use of the scanner on my HP All in one Office printer getting error messages that a script can not be run. And a couple of weeks ago I installed a plug in for Adobe Photo-shop and when I try to run it I get run time errors. Somehow I feel those 3 problems are related to each other. I have contacted MS but they referred me to the computer manufacturer Systemax from tiger direct and systemax is not answering my pleas for help. Mu OS is Win XP Pro Ver.5.1.2600Service pack 2 Build 2600. IE 7 Ver 7.05730.13CO. I am using MS Live One care for virus protection. Enclosed is a screenshot of the HP and Adobe paint shop error message. Could some one please send me in the right direction to troubleshoot the system?? Thank you
Thank you Ax,, have installed the Script and rebooted and all my troubles are over. It is almost disappointing that after I have spend about 60 hours troubleshooting, installing and un-installing various programs begging HP for help with the scanner, 30 e-mails with Adobe trying their suggestions out, it was so simple. Just shows you knowledge beats hart work anytime. Again many thanks, Lutra
:thumbup: I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that the issue is resolved. Thanks for reporting back.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI