Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Radio trouble

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lutra

Lutra

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

Since quite some time I am trying to figure out why I am no longer able to listen to web radio stations. I presume it happened some time ago with one of the frequent MS updates. When loading the homepage of a Bavarian radio station and clicking on the live broadcast icon I get a message that a valid plug-in could not be found on my browser. I do have both Windows media player and Real-Player installed on my system. It appears the radio station prefers a flash player (again I have Java and adobe flash players installed) and is unable to start it. I did disable the firewall just in case it was blocking the connection, but got the same error. I also noticed that since about the same time I lost the use of the scanner on my HP All in one Office printer getting error messages that a script can not be run. And a couple of weeks ago I installed a plug in for Adobe Photo-shop and when I try to run it I get run time errors. Somehow I feel those 3 problems are related to each other. I have contacted MS but they referred me to the computer manufacturer Systemax from tiger direct and systemax is not answering my pleas for help. Mu OS is Win XP Pro Ver.5.1.2600Service pack 2 Build 2600. IE 7 Ver 7.05730.13CO. I am using MS Live One care for virus protection. Enclosed is a screenshot of the HP and Adobe paint shop error message. Could some one please send me in the right direction to troubleshoot the system?? Thank you

Attached Thumbnails

• ScanError.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by Lutra, 15 July 2008 - 02:58 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:10 PM

Hello Lutra,

It may be due to some incompatibility issues. Try downloading and installing the following:
Windows Script 5.6 for Windows XP and Windows 2000

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Ax

#3 Lutra

Lutra

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:18 AM

Thank you Ax,, have installed the Script and rebooted and all my troubles are over. It is almost disappointing that after I have spend about 60 hours troubleshooting, installing and un-installing various programs begging HP for help with the scanner, 30 e-mails with Adobe trying their suggestions out, it was so simple. Just shows you knowledge beats hart work anytime. Again many thanks, Lutra

#4 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

:thumbup: I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that the issue is resolved. Thanks for reporting back.

Edited by Ax238, 16 July 2008 - 03:12 PM.