Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Explorer question?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:01 AM

WhenI am listening to different radio stations who are using Realplayer/realaudio through internet explorer with it minimized; and when I click a shortcut saved for an entirely different site, the radio minimized site opens on the desk top to load the short cut to the site I choose, cuts off the radio streaming then loads the shortcut site. How do you stop this happening please? The site below is an example for you to see what I mean.
http://www.abc.gov.au/newsradio/
I am sure there is a tip you could give me as this is a most annoying minor happening.
I am using XP/SP2 with Internet Explorer 6.0
Why when I click a shortcut doen't Explorer open a new Window? thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:42 PM

I have found the answer to my problem myself. It is as follows:

In IE go to tools/internetoptions/advanced/browsing/uncheck/disable "reusewindows for launching shortcuts"
I thought it would be something simple, but that certainly auto opens a new brower window when clicking on favorites or shortcuts. So no more loosing my streaming when clicking on a shortcut or favorite - :D

#3 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:55 PM

By the way, a related tip that may help you in future is you can launch new windows if you press shift and click on the link, when normally they would open in the same window.