This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

spyware spying on my searches

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

After returning searches in google or ebay for instance, I've been getting pop-up detailing info that I had just been searching on. I gather this is spyware, and gather someone's gonna tell me to installe IE6 sp1 (re:below log), I tried that but still got the same problem. Each time I run ad-aware I seem to be removing the same objects - brilliant digital and Alexa registry modifications. Can you help?





Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 02:19:20, on 08/10/2006
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v5.50 (5.50.4134.0100)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB918547\KB918547.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\D-LINK\DSL-200\DSLSTAT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\D-LINK\DSL-200\DSLAGENT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WBJH1.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RESTORE\STMGR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\UTIL\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
F1 - win.ini: run=hpfsched
O2 - BHO: Class - {D34309D7-883D-AF3A-C3D7-95A91CB40321} - C:\WINDOWS\WEQCH1.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OWCCardbusTray] ocbtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DSLSTATEXE] C:\Program Files\D-Link\DSL-200\dslstat.exe icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DSLAGENTEXE] C:\Program Files\D-Link\DSL-200\dslagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WBJH1.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WBJH1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [*StateMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System\Restore\StateMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [KB891711] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [KB918547] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB918547\KB918547.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServicesOnce: [*beD] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYSTEM\MOE.EXE" N
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IECheck] C:\WINDOWS\IECheck.exe
Comparing other threads it appears my log is fair short. I think this maybe because of services I disabled when I did a load of 'XP tweaks for DAWs'. Just doing some more searching on my problem I found that a google tool bar I downloaded may have been the cause of this problem. I do remember that when I uninstalled it, I was suspicious over how fast the thing was uprooted. I'm gonna try Panda and other recommendations and get back to you with a better log.
I ran spybot, adaware, ATFCleaner, CWShredder and CCcleaner. Panda and F-secure virus checks wouldn't work. Failed to install Panda's activeX (regardless of explorer security settings) and OS not compatible with F-secure. Here's my new log:


Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 08:18:54, on 09/10/2006
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB918547\KB918547.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\D-LINK\DSL-200\DSLSTAT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\D-LINK\DSL-200\DSLAGENT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WBJH1.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RESTORE\STMGR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\INTERNAT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\UTIL\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
F1 - win.ini: run=hpfsched
O2 - BHO: Class - {D34309D7-883D-AF3A-C3D7-95A91CB40321} - C:\WINDOWS\WEQCH1.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OWCCardbusTray] ocbtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DSLSTATEXE] C:\Program Files\D-Link\DSL-200\dslstat.exe icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DSLAGENTEXE] C:\Program Files\D-Link\DSL-200\dslagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WBJH1.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WBJH1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfigReminder] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\msconfig.exe /reminder
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [*StateMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System\Restore\StateMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [KB891711] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [KB918547] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB918547\KB918547.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServicesOnce: [*UNI] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYSTEM\MOE.EXE" uNZhRo
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IECheck] C:\WINDOWS\IECheck.exe
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI