I have no problems with my Internet Explorer Google home page. But in the main configuration window of HijackThis (v1,99.1), there is a box where you enter your default start page. Mine says about:blank. I change it to www.google.com but when I close and then open HJT it changes back to about:blank. Does this indicate an infection?
Dell desktop IE 6.0 XP Home Edition
Those are URLs that HJT will defaut to if we remove any bad entries from your log. You can't change your start page there. If your having problems that you think are malware related, post a HJT log, if not then I will close this thread.
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.
Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.