This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Harddrive

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just went out and bought a Seagate Barracuda 320gb SATA II. My case has 5 hdd slots, so I figured I should have been fine. However once I got home, and started to install my hdd, I realized that I don't have a second power connector for it. Is there any other way that I get a power connector. If not I'm assuming I will either have to get a different power supply, or just run one hard drive. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
If it was me I'd buy another power supply. That way you know you're overloading your computer. Over loading can cause over heating and over heating is very bad. Jeremy
Alright so I was able to find a power adapter for it which. But now that I got it connected to my computer, it's not coming up in My Computer. Both my Bios and my Device Manager can see it. The device manager cannot see anything wrong with it. Any suggestions?
Sometimes windows will only let you see so many drive. Say like you have a built in card reader that reads like 5 different typers of cards, you have dvd rom cd/dvd burner, you have a 3/2 floppy, and maybe you're on a network that has a few servers that are counted as a drive. This probably isn't your case but it's an idea? Maybe your power adapter isn't senting enough power to the hard drive. Do you have another computer with the correct power supply, to check the hard drive, to insure it's not the hard drive failing. Jeremy
Aww, great thinking. I knew I was missing something. Oh well at-least someone got it. Jeremy

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI