This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Need help w/ installing Western Digital HDD

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I bought an internal WD hard drive and it arrived today. I plugged in 2 cables to my hard drive (the cable that connects to the motherboard, and the cable that connects to the power supply). Then I turned on my computer and after I logged into my user account in Windows, it said that installing new driver -> driver was successfully installed. But when I go to "My Computer", I do not see the hard drive there. I restarted my computer and went into the BIOS menu and it detected the hard drive. How come I can't access/see the hard drive in Windows (only the driver)? Did I miss a step? It is my first time installing a hard drive so I am confused on what to do. Thanks for the help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI