This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

esata

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I have an external hard drive, 2T with an esata port . When I but a pc, and wnat esata transfer, what do I request? I have read it needs its own power connector but don't undertsand if it is something in the pc or something I buy apart from it. I will need a cable obviously but don't know what else to purchase. Can you help? Thank you

Hello
I have an external hard drive, 2T with an esata port .
When I but a pc, and wnat esata transfer, what do I request?
I have read it needs its own power connector but don't undertsand if it is something in the pc or something I buy apart from it.
I will need a cable obviously but don't know what else to purchase.
Can you help?
Thank you


Hiya Peter1,

If I understand this post I think you may be looking for something like this to run that drive as an external drive to hook up to another pc.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=2020-OTB
Sorry I misled you. I was asking how to coordinate what to order for a new pc as I already have the external hard drive in an enclosure. I now know I jut need to orded the pc with the eSata port and get the appropriate cable.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI