Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

windows system32 mshtml.help file missing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 marriana

marriana

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:10 PM

I am having a problem saving pictures from my IE emails. When I right click on the picture, and click on "save picture as", an error message comes up saying - " cannot find windows system32 mshtml.help file." How can I correct this problem and save these picture files. Thanks!!! I am not a computer wizzz. So please explain using simple terms. Marriana :blink:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 marriana

marriana

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:45 AM

Can someone help me with this problem? I cannot drag and drop my pictures or copy them into an email. I am also finding that my son cannot drag and drop any music from his itunes library to a new Windows Media Library he started. I think it is related. I still haven't heard from anyone and I am desperate. The computer is working very slow. Thanks!!! :(

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:33 AM

Outlook has an Options setting for "do not save attachments" Make sure it is not checkmarked if you wish to save attachments. Outlook has an Option to exclude email content greater than (optional setting, for instance 100kb) you may have to adjust that upward. Have you recently installed or upgraded your AntiVirus. You may need to adjust settings in your AntiVirus to scan and allow email attachments. It is possible that the problem will be "fixed" by upgrading your XP operating system to SP2. Go to MS Windows Update and run the update procedures. Please keep us informed with your progress. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#4 marriana

marriana

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:58 PM

Thanks. I tried all of that. I can read the attachments, but am having trouble copying and transferring them to my files. When ever I try, it reads: CANNOT FIND THE C:/WINDOWS/System32/MSHTML.hlp.file Then another window says "Check to see that the file exists on your disk. If it doesn't, you need to reinstall it." Do you know what this file is. I'm not sure what disk they are talking about, my WINDOWS XP disk? I know I have SP2. :(

#5 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:47 PM

Run the Windows File Protection feature: System File Checker (SFC)

To Run SFC....

Start - Run - (type)sfc /scannow

A small DOS type screen will briefly appear and then disappear. (this is normal)
Then the Windows File Protection "progress bar" will appear and track the progress of SFC.

If SFC identifies a missing or corrupt file (hopefully it will notice C:/WINDOWS/System32/MSHTML.hlp.file) then it will prompt you to insert your XP installation CD so that it can copy and replace the file.

That should fix you up.
If you have any difficulty running SFC, please post back with questions, or read the article that I linked in this thread, also posted today.
http://forums.tomcoy...showtopic=69074

or go directly to the article about SFC, here:
http://www.microsoft...p2/default.mspx

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.