Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Images on IE

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CK525

CK525

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:52 PM

this is very frustrating but the pictures on my websites will not show up, I tried evberything including the suggestions on microsofts help page , and i am still having the problem, does anybody else have any suggestions?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 fbelzile

fbelzile

basic

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy playing and learning about computers, bike riding around town with my friends and I am currently playing badminton for my highschool.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:58 PM

OK, please be a bit more specific... What webpages? Are the webpages on your hard drive? If they are online, give an example.

#3 CK525

CK525

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 11:03 PM

Websites like The Dilly, and buddypic, and some random websites at times...

#4 HappyShiner

HappyShiner

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:58 PM

Hi there,

Best to strat off simple with this.

First of all try clearing your cache....the best and easiest way to do that (and clean out all other rubbish):

Please download CCleaner from here:
http://www.ccleaner.com
Before first use, check under Cleaner Settings, Windows and ensure "Empty Recycle Bin", "Temporary Files", "Memory Dumps", "Old Prefetch Data", "Cookies" and "Temporary Internet Files", are checked. Please also go in under Options, Advanced and ensure the box next to "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older then 48 hours" is 'unchecked'.

Then open it and select any other items you wish to clean up. This will remove any malware hiding in your Temporary Folders as well as freeing up a large amount of disc space :)

Go to Windows Update and ensure you have all available updates, especially for IE and Windows Explorer. Also ensure your Java is updated to the latest version. If all that fails, check that there isn't a file corruption:

Start > Run > copy and paste in:
sfc /scannow
Click 'OK'
You will need your XP/2000/ME disk. If you don't have it and instead only have a recovery CD, there is a work around. View the following link for a tutorial:

http://www.updatexp....cannow-sfc.html

sfc - system file checker, retrieves the correct version of the file from %Systemroot%\System32\Dllcache or the Windows installation source files, and then replaces the incorrect file.

If you want to see what was replaced, right click My Computer > manage, expand event viewer > system.
sn't fix the issue, post back and let us know...but in the meantime you can get around the issue by using a different browser...which is much better and far more secure anyway:

Mozilla's Firefox browser is fantastic; it is much more secure than Internet Explorer, immune to almost all known browser hijackers, and also has the best built-in popup blocker (as an added benefit!) that I have ever seen. If you are interested, Firefox may be downloaded from here:
http://www.mozilla.o...oducts/firefox/

Let us know if that's of help to you :)

Big Smiles

HS
If that still doe
Posted Image
DynaSig: Free Dynamic Forum Signatures!

"Dogs are Running wild in the street...I just can't take it anymore!"