Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

MSHTML.DLL Error

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shax

Shax

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:14 PM

Hi, My mom's computer is really messing up. She is getting the error. "Explorer has caused an error in MSHTML.DLL and will now close". She can't even access her documents, my computer, the internet or her email. She has tried doing a system restore but can't access it. the error pops up on everything. I was going to download the hiJack this on her pc, but cant access the internet. Her windows system is ME Can Someone please help. :unsure:

Edited by Shax, 21 March 2006 - 01:14 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 caperjack

caperjack

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:gggggggggggooooooooooooolllllllllllffffffffffffffff

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:56 PM

This might be of help
http://support.micro...om/?kbid=265244

#3 Shax

Shax

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:59 PM

Actually I was gonna try that but I can't download a new version cause I can't access the internet on her pc. :(

#4 caperjack

caperjack

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:08 PM

Thought that might be a problem ,the options to you would be to download it on another pc and burn it to disk ,

#5 Shax

Shax

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:44 AM

Thought that might be a problem ,the options to you would be to download it on another pc and burn it to disk ,

:( Her Pc isn't reading any CDs, is there a way I can put it to a floppy?? :unsure: Not sure if that would work, but you never know. ;)

#6 caperjack

caperjack

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:36 AM

:( Her Pc isn't reading any CDs, is there a way I can put it to a floppy?? :unsure: Not sure if that would work, but you never know. ;)

No it to big for floppys

#7 Shax

Shax

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:48 AM

Ok, She wiped everything out her computer that she wanted. Now she thinks it will be good to do a complete system restore, back to the beginning. If she can't find the restore disk what other option is there?

#8 caperjack

caperjack

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:08 PM

None that i know of ,giving that its not reading cd that may be hard to do also .time for a pro to help you out ,or go buy a new cdrom and install that .

#9 Shax

Shax

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 11:42 AM

lol she just recently purchased a new cd rom. But if anyone else can help me I would appreciate it. Thanks for trying caperjack :)

#10 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 12:03 PM

It seems like your mother's operating system is corrupted. To repair this, she will need the correct files to replace missing or corrupt files in her system. She will need either a legitimate Windows ME installation CD, or perhaps access to the pre-load Win Me backup if there is a system backup partition on the machine. Reboot into SAFE Mode by restarting her computer and immediately tap F8 continuously until a black screen appears with Master Boot Menu or with a list of boot options. Select SAFE Mode Now Run the System File Checker utility. Start - Run - sfc /scannow If system file checker identifies missing or corrupt operating systme files, then it will ask you to supply the installation disk or to direct it to the backup partition if one exists. If you have neither installation CD nor system backup partition on the machine, you may not be able to repair this machine's operating system. Since you're not able to read from the CD ROM, look into: Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager. In Device Manager look at and click once on CD ROM. This should display the CD ROM driver. If there is a yellow or red warning sign, she needs to replace the driver. Right-click on the driver and select Remove, then reboot normally. Windows should "find new hardware" and "installing driver for new hardware" Maybe that will get the CD ROM up and running Let us know. You can pull the Hard Drive and install it into a second computer as SLAVE to allow you mother to copy and save any important DATA and Files that she wishes to keep. Now you're back to the problem of restoring the Operating System, and you'll need the items I mentioned above.... or I'm afraid you're stuck. You'll need a legitimate operating system installation CD. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.