barryelbaz
Topic Starter
Hi everyone, I hope you can help
A few days ago I made a spyware check with Spybot, Adaware & a2 all together (I know it is stupid), anyway I probabky delete something and damged my regirstry and probably my HD as well. When I started my laptop (HP Compaq) I recieved this following message : windows could not start because this file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.
After searching in Google and tried almost anything I decided to reinstall windows and it worked fine for one day. then the next day when I started my laptop I got this message: Disk read error occurred, press ctrl+alt+delete to restart.
I tried a few times and always get the same message. I tried again to look in Google and tried everything including chkdsk /r but nothing helped so I decided to reformat, but it took me over 8 hours to reformat it and eventualy when finished when I start the laptop I get a black screen for a few minutes and then get a loading line (similar to the line that we use to get when we dont turn off the computer properly). It takes for that line almost 30 minutes to load and only then my xp windows comes up. I was told to change my HD but before I purchase one I want to know for sure that this is my problem (and not my motherboard or something else). I dont want to but a new HD only to find in the end that this isnt my problem.
Any advise?
Thanx