I started my computer earlier today and the desktop does not load. I haven't made any major changes to my system lately so I do not know what the problem is. I have to use the task manager using ctrl+alt+del to access any programs. I also tried to run in safemode but I have the same problem. Task manager does not show the explorer.exe as a running process and when I try to run it closes instantly. Can anyone help?
Hi gpalm05…
Not much to go on here, but let's see if we can figure out what the problem is.
Do you have Google Desktop installed on this machine? How about Google Toolbar?
wannabe1
And more basically, what Operating System?
For instance, is it XP SP2, as indicated in your Profile, or is this a different machine?
If XP SP2, is it Home or Pro?
XP updgrade from an older Windows version, or originally XP?
Pre-loaded with a D:\ partition for back-up Recovery Console, or do you have the XP installation CD and does it come with SP2 included on the CD?
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI