Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Shutdown/Startup

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 karhn

karhn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:26 PM

When i tried to shutdown and i get an error message saying cicerouiwind and there is an option "end now" before my computer can even shutdown.Sometimes even an error with my antispyware programme. When i startup, after the bootscreen it will show a blue screen saying "Please wait..." and then it go on to the log on screen.Is it a serious matter?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

Hi karhn.

Can you please post the exact error message you are getting? I can't find much info on cicerouiwind. The little bit I do find seems to be in posts made by spammers and trolls.

You could try installing the Microsoft User Profile Hive Cleanup tool. That resolves a lot of these kinds of problems.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 karhn

karhn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:23 AM

cicerouiwindframe sorry And also today my computer auto rebooted and when it started up it says microsoft windows encounted a problem?

Edited by karhn, 28 March 2009 - 07:17 AM.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:00 PM

For the CiceroUIWndFrame, see here, last post in thread: http://www.pcreview....ead-2441118.php

For the reboot, you need to turn off Automatic Restart so we can see what the error is:

Right click on My Computer.
Click Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings.
Uncheck box for "Automatically restart".

The next time it happens, you should get a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) with information about the error. Record it and post the information (complete) here.

Rich

#5 karhn

karhn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:29 AM

I also get dwwin.exe

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:34 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't know what that means. Can you explain, and include full error messages please.

Rich

#7 karhn

karhn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't know what that means. Can you explain, and include full error messages please.

I get an error message about cicerouiframe.exe and the button "end now".I also get error about dwwin.exe and some message about it.
Everytime i shutdown it says update.But after the update and i start the computer, it still shows the update for shutdown over and over again.

Attached Images

• start.JPG

#8 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 01:11 AM

Hello karhn

drwin.exe is not likely a problem.
Instead, it is the Windows reporting tool also known as Dr. Watson which MS uses to have errors reported in Event Viewer to be sent back to Microsoft for possible solution. If sent, you may or may not find a solution via Microsoft.
I've never had any positive response from them.

Instead, your problem probably is related to: CiceroUIWndFrame
From my own Google search "Cicero" seems to be related to an academic game or presentation materials that uses "character recognition" in the user interaction. Or it is installed as a component of MS Office Speech and Character Recognition
Cicero is the name associated with the application. UI refers to User Interface, Wnd Frame probably refers to Windows Framework. <-- Those are all "not very well educated guesses. Sorry.

(Unlikely) Do you have a third-party application called Cicero or CiceroUserInterface in your installed Software list?
Control Panel - Add/Remove (then scroll down the list)

If you do have such an application, uninstalling it may remedy the problem.
If you know what the applicaiton named "Cicero___-" is, and you want to keep it or need to use it, then You may want to uninstall and then reinstall a fresh copy of it.

If you do not have such a third-party standalone application installed, it is possible that CiceroUIWndFrame is part of Microsoft office.

The following is the "seemingly most well informed and sensible" posted solution that I came across in my google search.
http://help.lockergn...pict488755.html

If you decide to follow that advice about "Changing" the features of Microsoft Office, you can do so in...
Control Panel - Add/Remove (be sure to select "Change or Remove Programs" then scroll down to select MS OFFice - Change.
If you find that you need those features you can reinstall them, but may need the MS Office installation CDs to do so.

Have you updated Microsoft Office (your version) using MS Updates, here:
http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-US

What version of Windows do you run? XP (pro or home) Vista (what version)
What version of MS Office do you have installed?

If the above is not useful in getting the problem solved or closer to being solved, then you will need to follow Ztruker's advice to turn off auto-restart and then post "the entire" Error code message, so that we will have all the information to help you track this problem down.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#9 karhn

karhn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 02:21 AM

I dont see any Cicero program. I get a message saying SKU011.CAB missing. Im using Windows XP Home with MS Office Pro Edition 2003. Error saying: The following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86

Attached Images

• sku.JPG

#10 karhn

karhn

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:03 AM

Okay this problem is gone. Can i have help for IE?