This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem with E Drive

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I do not know what to do with this issue and do not want to mess something up. Here is what is going on: I used to be able to put a disk into my E drive and it would automatically run or pull up a window asking me what program I would like to use to open and view/use the disk. Now all that happens is I put the disk in and the drive reads it for a second the does nothing; I have to go into my computer and start it from there. How do I fix this issue? I am planning on bringing my computer to the factory specs and then getting all updates new again and have six disks to use for this purpose but I am afraid since I need to reboot that the E drive will not read and start properly for me to do that. Thank you for the help in advance. I will also have some other questions off this topic down the road as well so again I thank you in advance :scratch:
Hi,
Microsoft provide a fix for this (which sometimes works, but not always!) If you want to give it a try go here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details…;displaylang=en

This will load the Autoplay Repair Wizard and you just need to follow the instructions.

There are some other alterations to the registry that you could try if this does not work, and I will be happy to help if you are stuck, however I am off on my holiday now for a fortnight, so I'm sure someone will help you if you need the problem resolving urgently.

The work around (which I think you are doing) is to use "My Computer" to access your disc and browse to the executable file and double click it.
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI