Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

How can I save embedded videos to my computer?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Adasha

Adasha

Getting lapped by Technology!!!

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:Anything outside, arts, crafts, drawing, fishing, writing.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

I have Windows 7 and I am using IE8. How do I save a video to my computer? For example, this is the link to the videos I want to save before they take them off of their site. I'm not tech savvy and don't understand embedding, etc. I just want to keep these videos forever.

http://www.varsity.c...words=lumberton

Thanks!

"Getting Lapped by Technology Daily!"

93990115_10157404908971492_2191620020423

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

Google yields quite a few possibilities: save video with ie8

The very first returned link has several ways and suggestions.

Good luck.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 JohnRocks

JohnRocks

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:05 AM

My friend has also this type problem. Then he updates his MAC software. This software automatically update safari new version, security update 2011-002 (may be new version) ect. So I suggested you also try this

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:24 AM

JohnRocks - I don't understand your post at all. Did you post to the right thread? Doesn't seem to apply to this one.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#5 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

Many sites like Google, Youtube, have embedded videos on their webpages and these cannot be downloaded in the usual manner. If you want to save the embedded videos on your computer with high quality, you can use the professional /how-to-record-embedded-video to help you. Edited by Doug

Keep in mind that video posted to sites belongs to the site or author, or has been licensed from the publisher.
Laws applying to copyright vary between jurisdictions and between state and national boundaries.
What you are attempting "may" be illegal, and most likely does violate copyright of the person or entity who created the video.

Check licensing and download conditions at the site.
If they prohibit downloading, then they have their reasons which may be related to law.

Many utilities offer or allow the individual to download despite restrictions.

Such practice is Not Supported by WTT Forums.

For instance, the embedded video recorder suggested by Andrew62 above (now Removed), openly suggests to the potential buyer that they will be able to use the utility to copy the video or sound despite restrictions placed by the website. <-- Not allowed nor supported by WTT Forums.

Therefore I have edited the link to that paid product.

WTT does not support violation of Law nor violation of Copyright.

Doug
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#6 lonniefilkins

lonniefilkins

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:21 AM

According to me you should Download Firefox 3 . Get the Video Downloader Add-on/Plug-in.

hxxp: // www (dot) aresgalaxydownload (dot) org/ Ares Free Download <-- This P2P Torrent application is not approved by WTT.

Apparently you did not read the cautionary post above!

Any additional new members joining for the purpose of SPAMMING and providing links to high-risk file sharing will be removed or banned.

Edited by Doug, 15 March 2012 - 09:48 AM.
Remove high-risk link

#7 bkgroup

bkgroup

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

According to me you should Download Firefox 3 . Get the Video Downloader Add-on/Plug-in.

hxxp: // www (dot) aresgalaxydownload (dot) org/ Ares Free Download <-- This P2P Torrent application is not approved by WTT.

Apparently you did not read the cautionary post above!

Any additional new members joining for the purpose of SPAMMING and providing links to high-risk file sharing will be removed or banned.

I am agree with lonniefilkins, you can use firefox with that plugin or you can also use google chrome to download youtube embedded videos online with chrome youtube downloader extension.

Chrome YouTube Downloader Features:
No need of any extra software to download YouTube videos.
One click YouTube videos download.
Various audios & video formats available.

Resource : http://www.ehowporta...os-pc-software/