This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

New HDD cannot be detected?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just bought a new WD Caviar/80gb SATA HDD. I have a Dell Dimension 8400 and I cannot get it to find the drive. I have tried making sure the sata drive things were set to on in the bios. Uninstalled and installed it a couple times. I have done this many times successfully before. This time I just don't feel like experimenting. What else should I try? Thanks.
Hi I'm sure you have done the following… but just in case check that your disc has been correctly partitioned and formatted. Regards Paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI