This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Lost the plot?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello there! Totally lost the plot with this one? My sound card has been causing some problems lately. So last night I uninstalled the driver/contoller (only) for that sound card (a Philips sound agent software). Half way through uninstalling, my PC crashed!!!! Now I have no sound……….no CD ROM!!!!!!! and no DVD/RW!!!!!! eh?? Can you help? I have tried to download the driver for my asus CD ROM, however it will not let me install it Not sure why that is happening!!? Also I have attached sreenshots of my device manager too. Look at both my CD & DVD…..they both show there is a problem. Have you seen this before?? Can you help? I have tried to download them from the internet and that isn't working too!!! Question…..doesn't Windows automatically try and install new hardware from boot? Normally an icon on the bottom right tool bar appears……..and says 'found new hardware' etc……? Let me know what you think? Cheers
While in Device Manager, Right-click on Asus CRW-5232A3 Select - Remove Reboot to allow Windows to "find new hardware" and "install driver for new hardware" (When Windows is installing driver, direct it to the location where you downloaded the driver) Repeat the same above for your Pioneer unit. Same applies for your Sound. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI