This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Hard Drive 2?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My Inspiron 5100 just started giving error message: "Failure predicted on Hard Disk 2" Soon afer I found that my cd drive did not work. It does not show up on "My Computer" but is in Device manager. Can I assume that "Hard Disk 2 " refers to the cd drive and not the actual hard drive?
Thanks for the quick reply and the advice. I have read the link you sent about SMART technology and will follow through with the other sugestions

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI