This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Issue...press F1 to continue

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I never had this before. When booting up I get the message `secondary hard disc not found Press F1 to continue press F2 to run set up` When I go in to set up, it is as follows. Primary drive 0 hardrive primary drive 1 off Secondry drive 0 Unknown secondry drive 1 off Should I change any of these settings, as far as I know there is only one hardrive on the PC (dell, using winxp)
Aha! I seem to recall you helping with this PC a few months back and I am sure at one point you said go check the cable as it will have disconnected (for whatever reason I had to access the internals) the PC is one of those flat ones (dell) with a hinged lid. Now maybe it has come undone for some reason, I will check on this and post back probably tomorrow and let you know. thanks
Yes the good old Dell Optiplex mini thing. :) Can't stand those things. Anyways, yes, notorious for that flimsy plastic mylar cable coming unplugged.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI