This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Start Menu Program

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have Windows98 (yep, I know I've got to go to another OS soon) and a 7-Yr. old compaq. I have a Family Tree Maker Genealogy program. The book suggests that I open the program up each time by going through the Start Menu rather than using the desktop short cut. I've been doing as suggested for years now, but just this week, I can't seem to open it up by going through the Start Menu and can only open it up by using the desktop shortcut. When I put my mouse on Family Tree Maker under the Start Menu, I only get the options "FTW Read Me," "FTW Registration," and "FTW uninstall." What did I do to mess myself up? What do I do to get it where my Family Tree Maker will open up in the Start Menu? If I uninstall it, I will lose all my information I've stored in this genealogy program. This is my first question on this board. I hope that I can make my way back to my question to find whether someone has written a suggestion! Thanks.
You should be able to find the executable file in the programs folder. Double click on it to make sure your program runs the way you expect it to. If it works then create a new shortcut and drag it to where ever you want to launch it from.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI