Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Mozilla Freezes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Fish

Jack Fish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:59 PM

My mozilla freezes everytime i listen to somebodys profile music on : www.downtownmafia.com i dont really know what to do to get it working again please can somebody give me advice

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 07:31 PM

Are you having difficulty displaying media from other sites?

If this is the only location you're having problems with, you might consider posting a question with them in :

Site Suggestions
If you have suggestions for improving this site, please put them here.

What media player are you using at that site. Does it work elsewhere, or does it work when offline?

You may need to read about required add-ons for Mozilla that are particular for media at that site.
Particularly, you may need ActiveX. (I don't know this for a fact, only suggesting you investigate)

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Jack Fish

Jack Fish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:38 AM

every mafia game i go on it does it : www.midnight-mafia.co.uk etc... i downloaded itunes and quicktime for a add on and then it still freezes, to play my music i use windows media player 10.0 on the odd occasion when i go on someones profile it works then when i restart the computer it stops working again :unsure:

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 12:55 PM

Since I'm not familiar with the site that you indicate, and probably won't register to try it out, I'm only guessing about possible solutions. Does the site use Macromedia Flash Player? If so, I believe there is a recent update. If I understand you correctly, your MS Media Player performs correctly when playing your own music selections from CD or files saved to your hard drive. Or for instance, you can play media at www.youtube.com. Is that correct? This may be a "login" and "privilege" issue with the site itself. Site looks pretty new. Maybe they are working out the kinks. It also seems there are "points" for sale, or maybe you can earn "points". Do you have sufficient "points" to permit your unfettered use of the site? Have you contacted a Moderator or Administrator about your difficulty? I'm probably at the end of my useful line of suggestions. If your media player works with your own tunes locally, and you are able to play/display YouTube clips, then the problem probably resides with the site itself, or something to do with your access/interface with the site that may best be resolved via one of their Admin/Mods. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.