This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Norton Antivirus

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey there, I'm not 100% sure if this hould be in this part of the forums, so my apologies if I'm wrong. Well here's my problem anyway; Norton Antivirus or internet security or some symnatec thing pops up the second I log onto my computer and informs me that:

"Your computer is at risk in the following areas:

-Virus protection is out of date"

When i go into norton to attempt to turn this feature of it just seems to ignore it and proceed with it. I know that one solution would be to just update Norton, but I'm not doing that right now, its just something I might get round too. 'm more worried that the programe is "broke" or that I simply don't like it doing this so maybe don't even WANT to update… ANYWAY, I digress lol. Anyone have a clue on how to fix this problem and stop it continually popping up?

I once tried to stop it by doing something a site told me and my compter just turned of when I deleted something, so I sort of didn't want to try again.

Here's the part of my log you want:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:37:39, on 20/05/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Any help would be great. Thanks, Jay.
I am sad thats your computer is lack of protections. :(

Yes it will pop up coz your computer are at RISK….Meaning its in DANGER..Hey wake up its a serious problem.. Dont just ignore this or you want to lose your system…

If you cant update your Norton anti virus… There are one possible answer for that.

A Virus was blocking your connection to update your anti-virus..
I have this virus before that is blocking my anti-virus to update.. I was using Pcclin before.. I am shocked that I cant download the updates.. I visit the Pcclin site…And I figure out that I have viruses in my computer.
But it my Pcclin needs to be updated to be able to delete that virus but I cant update it…
So theres a one solution for that.

I uninstall this Pcclin and change my anti-virus software to Panda Platinum Internet Security 2006
Coz my uncle said that Panda is the best anti-virus in any onther anti-virus products.

So I downloaded and install it to my computer. Panda will start scanning the PC while installing and I am
shocked that Panda detected a virus and disinfected it to my computer… After the installation, I register to pandasoftware.com to have new signatures of viruses.. Updated and scan the system then many viruses
was detected and disinfect it.

So I sugget that you download Panda Anti-Virus and remove Norton
Visit : http://www.pandasoftware.com/download/Software/

Its updating automatically when you registered. Blocks any internet attacks like trojans and hacking tools.
Also have a anti spyware protection. So what are you waiting for…Dont make your computer suffer :o

Cheer up and Good luck
Eumic B)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI