This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Tick Tock

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI


Hi i have noticed that the clock is one hour behind, even though i keep changing it to the correct time i still goes back an hour!

A) I have Shield antivirus
B) I have spy sweeper
C) I have CCleaner

it might be nothing to worry about, but i would like some good advice on this matter?


thank you
Hi cazace2, There are probably a dozen system and software ways that this problem could arise, but I think the most frequent problem relates to a weak/failing CMOS battery. Since it's cheap and easy, you might consider popping in a fresh battery. If the problem persists, we can investigate further. (about $2.50 for the battery at RadioShack, Best Buy, Office Depot, or most electronics stores) Best Regards
Hi Im not sure what you mean, where would i place a battery? Never known I had to replace a battery for the computer clock
If it's always 1 hr. off, sounds like it may not be adjusted for Daylight Savings to me.

To check that, on the time is the system tray.

In the "Date and Time" properties window that pops up, click the "Time Zone" tab.

At the bottom there is a box to check for "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes".
:)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI