This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Computer clock won't keep time

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

 

I've recently (last 2 weeks) started having problems with my computer clock.  I've reset it numerous times, made sure time zone is correct etc.  I reset it and it actually goes backward in time shortly after I set it.  Then when I login in a day or so later it has prior days date and wrong time.

 

Any idea what the problem is?  I've been working with satchfan on the malware forum also and computer should be clean now.

 

Thanks.

Hello thoran,

 

For now we need to wait until Satchfan gives the computer a clean bill of health and tidies up the malware removal tools, you can however do the following meanwhile;

 

Let us know which time and date setting it is, in the BIOS, on the taskbar or both.

 

Provide information about your computer, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if a brand name, provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, providing these details will enable us to better assist you. 

Hello thoran,

 

As per the suggestion of Ztruker, the CMOS battery looks to need replacing, the user manual shows how but if not comfortable partially dismantling the notebook I would suggest that you ask someone who is, Service Manual available from here

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI