Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Computer clock won't keep time

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thoran

thoran

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:23 PM

Hello,

I've recently (last 2 weeks) started having problems with my computer clock.  I've reset it numerous times, made sure time zone is correct etc.  I reset it and it actually goes backward in time shortly after I set it.  Then when I login in a day or so later it has prior days date and wrong time.

Any idea what the problem is?  I've been working with satchfan on the malware forum also and computer should be clean now.

Thanks.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

Phill

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:29 AM

Hello thoran,

For now we need to wait until Satchfan gives the computer a clean bill of health and tidies up the malware removal tools, you can however do the following meanwhile;

Let us know which time and date setting it is, in the BIOS, on the taskbar or both.

Provide information about your computer, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if a brand name, provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, providing these details will enable us to better assist you. 

#3 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:38 PM

While waiting for Satchfan, replace the CR2032 CMOS battery in the computer. Easy if it's a Desktop, harder if it's a Laptop.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#4 thoran

thoran

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:41 AM

Hello,

It is both BIOS and desktop toolbar clocks.

Computer is an Dell Inspiron N5110

#5 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

Phill

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:57 AM

Hello thoran,

As per the suggestion of Ztruker, the CMOS battery looks to need replacing, the user manual shows how but if not comfortable partially dismantling the notebook I would suggest that you ask someone who is, Service Manual available from here