This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

USB Problems - USB Keyboard Shuts Off

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi! Here's my problem for the day. My PC uses a USB keyboard. Whenever I plug into another device into another USB port my keyboard shuts off. However, there was one port (out of two in the front) on my PC that I've used that works fine for a CF card reader, but doesn't cooperate with anything else. When I plug in my scanner, though, it too will cause my USB keyboard to shut off. The only way I can regain power to my keyboard is to reboot and not have any other USB devices connected. If I do reboot with any devices connected, my keyboard shuts off during the Windows ME splash screen. The PC I'm using is home-built (by me). It's been exceptional except for this issue. (I did originally have problems installing the drivers the first time, but I thought I was able to resolve it.) Any clues? :blink: TIA!
hi Elitana,

there is a website dedicated to nothing but usb problems, complete with forum, ive used it myself. one of my homebuilts would shutdown when i plugged in a usb device. turned out to be a faulty PS.

http://www.usbman.com/

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI