This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Driver F not Recognized?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently regformatted my pc and I have musicmatch jukebox, I am trying to create a CD in my F drive, but its saying that there is no CD in the driver. I have used the same type of CDs for the past 2 years and never had a problem. Ever since the reformat I all of a sudden have problems :blink: :(
Hi Shax,

After you reformated and reinstalled your operating system, did you re-install your Chipset Drivers?
If not, go to your MotherBoard manufacturer's website to download and install the correct Chipset Drivers.

After you've completed the above, Go To:
Device Manager
Look under CD ROM for the current driver.
If there is a yellow or red warning, then "remove" that driver and reboot to allow Windows to "find new hardware" and "install drivers for new hardware".

Let us know how you are progressing.
Download the free version of Everest 2.20 at MajorGeeks, here:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Everest is a handy machine information tool that identifies physical components and installed software, and can even report out temperatures and voltage to CPU, Video Card, and RAM, as well as other Motherboard measures.

Install and Run Everest
Click on Motherboard
Scroll down to the bottom of the information report screen (right hand area in white).
At the bottom, you will find your MotherBoard manufacturer information and most likely a "link" to the Chipset Drivers appropriate to your MotherBoard.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI