This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Alternative Software Wanted

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

We have switched our browsers to Firefox, and we are okay with it – it is not perfect, but for us it is far better than IE. We are just plain disgusted with Microseal and all of their products and would love to rid our machines of it. :rant2: Are there other alternatives to "Windows" that are "compatible" with it? If so, what are they? :huh: Are there any 'open source' alternatives that would be compatible with folks we might deal with that are still using 'windows' – and – be okay to use with Firefox? :scratch:

you looking for non microsoft browsers (like firefox) or non microsoft operating systems (like linux).


I am looking for 'non microsoft operating systems' – I do not know anything about them – I thought that linux was only for MAC machines?
I do not have a MAC - it costs too much money for me.
This is a "pinned post" in the Linux Forum at PCPitstop (my Home Forum).
Go give them a visit, here:
http://pcpitstop.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=7

Linux compatible
forums.suselinuxsupport.de?
This is a biggie a lot of tech and reading
KDE wallpaper, icons, desktop "prettiness" - http://www.kde-look.org
KDE applications - http://www.kde-apps.org
http://www.linuxquestions.org
RPM's for Suse (lots of things that don't come with Suse may be found here) - http://packman.links2linux.org/
Rpm search engine - http://www.rpmfind.net/
Great forum, resource center, tutorials and more - http://www.linuxforum.com/
Suse user guide - http://shelob.te
100 Linux Websites
The table of equivalents / replacements / analogs of Windows software in Linux.
Here are a few places that I have found from my search-
http://counter.li.org/
This is a counter, he is counting all the linux users-
http://www.google.com/linux
For Linux searching~
http://www.linuxlinks.com/
Linux links
http://beginnerslinux.org/
A helpful page
One more I use is Fedora.org, alot of helpful people that have helped me threw alot of hard things~
http://fedoraforum.org/forum/
http://guru.unixtech.be/index.php
Linux-newbie.sunsite.dk Thanks Trackrat
iosn.net training end-user-manual thanks to Storm Rider for this one

dough & shelf life
Thanks for the info and links!

I appreciate both your efforts on my behalf! :thumbup:

I will have some reading and learning to do – good for the old greyhead! :D

:wavey:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI