I have been using Chrome for a few years and 2days ago all my font enlarged so much I had to take it down to 33% after using it on 110%, other strange things are occurring so thought I would try another browser, mind you I have Trend security on it and no bugs have been detected and a did a scan for malwares with nothing coming up, I am currently using Edge and hate it , I have used Mozilla in the past but found it too slow, if I could handle using Ubuntu side by side with Windows 10 I would but they upgrade too often and when I was using it I ran into strife thanks to someone telling m the wrong thing and it cost me $100 to rectify it.
So I would love some input on the best and easiest browser to use for my laptop please.
If you found Chrome was satisfactory up until a short while ago, it may be wise to uninstall it and then reinstall it again, as this can sometimes fix a number of problems.
If you need a steer on how to do this then take a look here:
As always check and double check that your back ups are all "watertight" contain everything you need are reproducible and with several copies at least one of which should be kept offsite on removable media.
Performing an uninstall/reinstall of chrome should not affect your computer's ordinary data files, but it's always wise to check your back ups are doing what you want them to do.
Turning to Mozilla Firefox, this is not known as a particularly slow browser, so if it was slow (rather than a barely perceptible sluggishness on occasions) for you in the past then it indicates either a fault with it or your machine's settings. Here again an uninstall followed by a reinstall might be advantageous.
There are many browsers available so it's just a case of finding one that meets your requirements. here's a review that gives you some more information, but do research the issues, thoroughly, with all of them before installing anything!
Personally on Win 10, I'm happy with Internet Explorer 11, it does all that I need, fast and with no fuss, but as always it's your machine so it's your call on what you install/use.
Personally on Win 10, I'm happy with Internet Explorer 11
I still like and use IE 11 too.
I agree with your assessment of Edge. The only thing going for it, IMO, is speed. Beyond that, it "feels" unfinished.
Firefox concerns me because for the last few years, it has had more newly discovered vulnerabilities than any other browser. The good news there is Mozilla very quick to release patches and fixes.
I actually use Chrome as my secondary browser most often - typically to see if a problem I see accessing a site with IE is the site, or IE (it is usually the site). I also use Pale Moon which you might check out. It is a Firefox derivative that is quick, more secure than FF, and works well.
BTW, concerning your extra large font, note that can sometimes happen if you accidently press "Ctrl +" (that's the Ctrl key together with the plus symbol key). Hitting Ctrl - will reduce the font size again.
Thankyou for the replies after looking at Pale Moon i have decided to try it and so far i am impressed , and very happy that i was able to put my bookmarks on there, i haven't heard of this browser before but after Digerati's suggestion and the reviews on the download page didn't hesitate, i find it to be a clean easy to read browser and will do some more investigating .Thankyou very much Paws & Digerati i appreciate you taking time to answer my post.
Do be careful with add-ons. As with any browser, it is common for add-ons to cause conflicts and slow downs. Regardless your browser of choice, I recommend keeping add-ons to a minimum.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI