Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Can I use Firefox for anything useful in security scanning?!?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Cartaphilus

Cartaphilus

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:21 AM

I've just been going through a painful and scary system disinfection, which thanks to the help of DAVEAI, I'm getting through, but the process has twigged me to ask the following: Can Firefox be used as the browser with any of the online security scanning tools out there, or is everything ActiveX based? I've gulped down the Firefox kool-aid and it's my default browser on all the systems on my home network. I like Firefox. I feel warm and secure with Firefox. I do not feel the same with IE. (Let me just note that this is not a Microsoft bash. I'm aware IE is in good part more vulnerable because it's such a prominent target, and as a former code-banger, I know how complex and hard to debug big software can be.) But the online scans from CA, from TrendMicro, from Panda, all grind to a screeching halt when I access them through Firefox and inform me I need to be running IE to use them. You don't have to point me to all the resources for making IE more secure. I have all those. I'm just curious about anything I might be able to run using Firefox as the default browser. TIA...

Advertisements

Register to Remove