This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Recommend some good browser

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi all! I wanna know what are some good internet browsers other than firefox and chrome? Firfox crashed too much so i quit using it and bored of chrome…I wanna switch to some good browser now. Thanks to the pointers….
Obviously there are numerous browsers, so many that m$ were instructed to make users in Europe aware they have choices, and even I hadn't heard of a lot of them, but the problem that comes to mind here is most web site makers only cater for the most commonly used browsers, namely ie and Firefox, although some (the better ones) will cater for others like Chrome etc, but TBH the only other browser that people turn to is Opera, of course the is Safari from Apple, but given the ones you have tried I would try Opera next, should you still be having problems after this then I think your problem is much deeper than what browser you use, it suggests there is some corruption creeping in, so rather than turning to other browsers it may be worth investigating why this is happening, hope this helps a bit.
If FF is crashing there is probably a problem with your computer. Either incompatible or poorly written Add-ons probably.

Rather than giving up on it, why not post your problems in the FF Forum and get it straightened out.
Thanks for suggesting some good browsers! opera is good, just used it…As far as safari goes its too heavy but ofcourse awesome :) Thanks
Well from what I've read, under Windows Opera runs the fastest (browsing times). Almost all browsers end up guzzling memory when you have a lot of tabs, so I would really recommend uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox and then getting the MemoryFox extension, which is probably your best bet. Although this is getting rarer these days, some sites only work with Internet Explorer, but we don't want to use that, do we.. I would recommend Maxthon or Avant (in that order) if you want to have a full IE compatible browser. You could also K-Meleon, which is a lightweight version of Firefox. It has issues with Facebook, though..

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI