Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Recommend some good browser

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:34 AM

Hi all! I wanna know what are some good internet browsers other than firefox and chrome? Firfox crashed too much so i quit using it and bored of chrome...I wanna switch to some good browser now. Thanks to the pointers....

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:08 AM

Obviously there are numerous browsers, so many that m$ were instructed to make users in Europe aware they have choices, and even I hadn't heard of a lot of them, but the problem that comes to mind here is most web site makers only cater for the most commonly used browsers, namely ie and Firefox, although some (the better ones) will cater for others like Chrome etc, but TBH the only other browser that people turn to is Opera, of course the is Safari from Apple, but given the ones you have tried I would try Opera next, should you still be having problems after this then I think your problem is much deeper than what browser you use, it suggests there is some corruption creeping in, so rather than turning to other browsers it may be worth investigating why this is happening, hope this helps a bit.

Braindead

#3 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:42 PM

If FF is crashing there is probably a problem with your computer. Either incompatible or poorly written Add-ons probably.

Rather than giving up on it, why not post your problems in the FF Forum and get it straightened out.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#4 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:55 AM

Thanks for suggesting some good browsers! opera is good, just used it...As far as safari goes its too heavy but ofcourse awesome :) Thanks

#5 L0v3LESS

L0v3LESS

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

Well from what I've read, under Windows Opera runs the fastest (browsing times). Almost all browsers end up guzzling memory when you have a lot of tabs, so I would really recommend uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox and then getting the MemoryFox extension, which is probably your best bet. Although this is getting rarer these days, some sites only work with Internet Explorer, but we don't want to use that, do we.. I would recommend Maxthon or Avant (in that order) if you want to have a full IE compatible browser. You could also K-Meleon, which is a lightweight version of Firefox. It has issues with Facebook, though..
Under the bridge/we'll always be searching for that answer