This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Reinstall Windows 7

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently removed a virus from my computer that left several programs unable to access the internet in any way. I went through some troubleshooting on the malware forums here and was unable to reach a solution.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Programs_una…et_t111994.html

I think my only option is to re-install windows 7 but my copy was a digital download so i have no disk to do that with. Any way I can re-install windows or any other sort of help with the problem would be greatly appreciated.
If your copy was a digital download, did you create a DVD from the ISO file? By what means did you download Windows 7 … Student offer from Digital Rivers, or? Do you have a legitimate license and key? Edit: … it also looks like you didn't do a "clean" install.
It's a legit copy, think I downloaded it from digital river, I honestly don't remember. I never made a DVD from the ISO file. What do you mean by a "clean" install?
So is there some way to make a DVD out of the iso and reinstall it? I'm not even sure of the name of the .iso file or where on my PC it may be located.
Perhaps this applies? How to make a DVD of that student-only Windows 7 you bought for $29.99

More possibilities here: make dvd from windows 7 download - Google

If it's an iso, you can use Search to find it (hopefully, Search is hit or miss sometimes): Click on Start then type *.iso and wait, see what it comes up with.
I think the built in Search of Windows 7 is one of it's best features once you learn to make use of it.
No such .iso on my hard drive. I read a little that upgrading from vista64 uses an .exe instead and I think that's what I may have done. Wish windows support would work but it says my product is too old.
Well I found the .exe's for my install and thought that simply running them again might help. It did not. I wrote down my product identification number thinking it was the same as my product key and am now sitting on an install of windows 7 that "is not genuine". Searching to find a way to find out what my product key was has been a dead end as the microsoft forums are conveniently down for maintenance.
I'm not familiar with how Digital River does things but I would think they would have sent you an E-mail with all the info you need, including the install key. Hopefully you saved all communications from them.

Some suggestions here: Windows 7 US Download Store

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI