This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Dialup connections disappeared

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, anyone please! I am back with a problem with the hope to find help as always. 1. The Dial-up connections on my laptop have disappeared. Only the shortcuts on desktop are left. I am unable to connect to the internet via a dial-up connection. When I try to make new connections, the option, “Connect to Internet via Dial-up”is not highlighted. 2. Some components of the McAfee ActiveShield are missing too. (That I can re-update once I get to connect the internet.) Since I no longer have an internet connection, I can't update and run the anti-spyware programs i.e ewido, adaware and spybot. I have run the old versions but to no avail. I am sending this SOS through my office computer and waiting the your help. Thanks :( delfan
Start - Control Panel - Network Connections - On your Network Connections Screen Select - Create a new connection Have you already done this?
Dear Dough, Thanks for your attention. I have done that already. The "Make new connection" is missing from the "New Taks" in Network connections window. In the file menu, however, there's this option. But when I try using the New connection Wizard through the file menu, the option "Connect using a dialup connection" is not highlighted. My Original Windows was SP1. I have downloaded the SP2 patch via tne net. Thanks dellfan :blink:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI