This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Please Help

11 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Just a quick note on the printer setup. If you will run the printer off one computer on your network, (keeping it from having to resolve an IP addy) Your connections would be a little faster. And of course, barring a natural disaster (or my x-wife) I should be here… if by chance I am not, your in good hands.

Just a quick note on the printer setup. If you will run the printer off one computer on your network, (keeping it from having to resolve an IP addy) Your connections would be a little faster.


And of course, barring a natural disaster (or my x-wife) I should be here… if by chance I am not, your in good hands.

Let me ask you about the printer thing real quick. I know how to share a printer, but I though that if I wanted to be able to print from a printer that was connected to my desktop via USB, that I would have to have my desktop machine on. Sometimes I am working on my laptop and I just want to quickly print something, but I don't want to take the time to turn on my desktop just to print. Can that be accomplished by doing it your way? If so, please tell me how, because I just tried it and everthing worked until I turned off my desktop, then I could not print.

Sorry to make you my unpaid computer consultant, but I do appreciate your help.
Crow, I've been watching the news and I haven't heard of any significant natural disasters in the great State of Texas, so it must be your ex-wife. Given a choice I would take my chances with a Texas twister, but maybe you weren't afforded the option. At any rate, I have just taken my graphics card, Visiontek NVidia 4600 Ti, out. I cleaned the fan and contacts thoroughly and re-seated it in to the AGP slot. While I was in there I also disconnected the connector that connects the power supply to the motherboard, blasted each end with air and reconnected it. When I turned my system on after putting everything back together…nothing. Then I realized that I was an idiot and forgot to reconnect the monitor to the video card. Once I did that…it worked like a charm. It is a little premature for me to conclude that everything with this issue is resolved because I haven't even rebooted my machine yet. However, lets keep our fingers crossed.\ I'll keep you posted and good luck with whatever has a hold of ya. ;) P.S. If you could let me know about the printer question above when you get a chance, I would appreciate that.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI