golferguy
Topic Starter
I have an XP Pro (slash) Media Center.
IMy house burned down last year and I purchased this PC from a large local established computer shop. Unfortunately with the economy and death in their family issues, they closed making me their last job. Phones disconnected and everything.
I have spent about 45 hours since trying to find the answer to my dilemma (below)….I post in forums that never answer or give me way wrong answers, and at one point early on, I had to (already) do the recovery console to fix some errant info.
I sure hope you can help.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok here we go:
Right after I see the Gateway boot screen, I get a prompt
Silicon Image Sil 0680 ATA-133 Medley Raid
at first boot of the day, it sits there for about 10 min. before moving on.
BUT every so often, it just…..sits…..there for up to 20 min. or my patience running out, whichever comes first HAHA If I just shut her down quick and reboot, it moves right thru the next (after reboot) prompt.
I don't know why they gave me this Raid "thingy", I already had one of the fabulous SATA cable USB drive gadgets for hooking up externally my old hard drives and moving info back and forth.
PLEASE I have never been in the BIOS,etc.etc., am pretty savvy altho on many many computer issues, just don't know the steps to take to rid myself of this dang prompt.
Thanks for hanging in there and list'ning!