I want to totally get AOL off my computer but I'm not sure where to start, there are alot of files and folder's, not to metion the registry. I seem to have to go back to a restore point whenever I start removing stuff in my "msconfig" startup tab, so I normally just leave things as they are when it comes to "msconfig". I have windows XP, if there are any other thing's that need to be known about my computer before anyone tries to help me with this, I would be more than happy to let you know. Thanks
You may also find a re-installation utility for AOL in C:\Program Files\Common files\
It may be called WAOL, or AOLBack.
There's a ton of stuff in the Registry regarding AOL, not all of which is safe to remove.
I mention the Registry issue because you can leave it alone and not experience difficulty with AOL being gone. But some people who are really sick of AOL, also tear into their Registry, sometimes with unfortunate results.
Don't go after the Registry items unless you actually know what you are doing, you won't gain anything and could cause yourself some damage.
Best Regards
Visit this page below and read how to use and download CCleaner. It's a great tool to remove junk and temp files and it also has a very good registry cleaner. It may speed up your computer.
Be sure to read how to use CCleaner. It 's a powerful tool and excellent for those who take the small amount of time to learn how to use it.
It will scrub out much of the AOL junk in your registry and possibly help your machine run faster/smoother.
Reboot after you are done http://www.ccleaner.com
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI