Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Dealing with AOL

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mkinaz

mkinaz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:56 AM

Hello Experts... :notworthy: I hate it. - But my Wife insists on using AOL. Do you have any tips and tricks to make it run as light and quick as possible? I think there are a number of AOL start up programs that I can disable in CCleaner - things like that? Its not worth destroying the marriage - so I live it with it - but I need to make it lighter and quicker on the computer. Thanks mk

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:35 AM

The best advice is do NOT install ANY software from them, it will fill your system with crud, so set it up manually, also get and use WinPatrol, it allows control over start up programs, shows you services running and protects your hosts among other things, that should help a lot with the transition, good luck.

Braindead