This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Dealing with AOL

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello Experts… :notworthy: I hate it. - But my Wife insists on using AOL. Do you have any tips and tricks to make it run as light and quick as possible? I think there are a number of AOL start up programs that I can disable in CCleaner - things like that? Its not worth destroying the marriage - so I live it with it - but I need to make it lighter and quicker on the computer. Thanks mk
The best advice is do NOT install ANY software from them, it will fill your system with crud, so set it up manually, also get and use WinPatrol, it allows control over start up programs, shows you services running and protects your hosts among other things, that should help a lot with the transition, good luck.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI