Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IS there a good PC doctor program? MSOE.dll error.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rotobo

Rotobo

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:19 PM

I have the "Outlook Express could not be opened because MSOE.dll could not be loaded" error and was considering buying "Mighty Max" PC doctor that states that if could repair dll files. I feel like I'm one of the "one born every minute" suckers but I would like to get it fixed. You guys cleaned me up last weekend and now If I can get Outlook back up it will be one more thing fixed. MS says to save data and delete OE and reinstall it. Not sure how to do that as it won't open. BIG QUESTION, IS the MIGHTY MAX program any good? Also while I'm here I might as well ask: Why won't my PC shut down? I have to unplug it, then plug it back in and then it will shut down by using the off button. Weird, huh? Thanks for any help. Yes, I'm wearing out my welcome, but I value your opinion. I saw where a HJT header is required so I included it. Thanks again. Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 7:47:31 PM, on 2/23/06 Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Rotobo

Rotobo

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:24 PM

correction on the following sentence considering buying "Mighty Max" PC doctor that states that IT (not if)could repair dll files. " You can see why I need help. Thanks

#3 pacman123

pacman123

Authentic Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 12:36 PM

Hi take a look here you might not have to purchase anything............

http://support.micro...b;en-us;Q232480

Hope this helps........

#4 Rotobo

Rotobo

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:43 PM

HI I tried the method that MS suggested and it would not reload off my 98 se CD disc which is the disc it requested. I kept getting a failure to find any of the .bmp files. Went thru the routine several times to no avail. My OE icon is gone so I figure I'll operate without OE. I have bellsouth email and Yahoo email so I shouldn't miss Outlook. I wonder if it would be okay to delete any OE files left. There is seveal 1 kb OE files. One 45 kb file has my saved inbox mail, deleted mail, sent mail, etc but it's in PC gibberish and I wouldn't know how to convert it to something I could read so I though I would delete OE completely. My add/remove program list shows a Microsoft Outlook Express Q823353 entry. What would that be for? It won't delete by the way. Thanks for your help. Have any idea why I can't use the off button except after I unplug and replug in the wall outlet?

#5 Rotobo

Rotobo

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:14 PM

Pacman do you work at Tomcoyote? I've never seen a "New Member" giving help. Rotobo

#6 pacman123

pacman123

Authentic Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:37 AM

Hi Rotobo,no i don't work here only trying to help....is this wrong.? Regards ........pacman

#7 Rotobo

Rotobo

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:18 PM

Hi Pac From the introduction/New visitors links I think only the folks with the training are allowed to give help. They seemed pretty fired up about outside help. :scratch: I need to know if there's something that I can do to shut this rig down without unplugging it. Thats the only thing left that I need help on. I would suspect the off button but it works after replugging in the outlet. Plus my mouse freezes when booting. I can unplug the cord from the USB port and replug and it works. I know these are small things ...........but it didn't do either before getting hijacked. It's no big deal and I can live with it but some of the folks here might know a simple solution. Thanks for any help. Rod