This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

My cd rom and dvd rom are gone

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My cd and dvd drives are gone! I have win. XP and they worked one day and now they are gone. I tried to delete the drivers and restart my computer but they're not in the system devices. I tried this too In Regedit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE; open SYSTEM open CurrentControlSet open Control open Class click 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 on right side, click LowerFilters and delete on right side, click UpperFilters and delete no good! The UpperFilters and lowerfilters are not there. :( What happened and how can I fix it? Terri

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI