I am running Windows XP Home Edition (version 2002) and I would like to know if there is a way to disable the function "MyRecentDocuments" so that I don't have to keep repeatedly going manually into the Folder and deleting them or checking the box "Clear List". Is there a way to disable this function altogethor? It's simply a matter of personal preference that I don't want to have the Folder that contains "My Recent Documents".

I have taken the logical step that would appear to be the "fix" for this but files keep continuing to store up in the "MyRecentDocuments" folder.
Here's what I have done:
1. Right-click Start, and then click Properties.
2. Click Customize.
3. Click the Advanced tab.
4. Under Recent documents, click Clear List,
5. THEN I UNCHECK THE BOX THAT SAYS "LIST MY MOST RECENT DOCUMENTS". Then click okay.

Regardless, however, the folder continues to accumulate copies of "MyRecentDocuments".

Any suggestions how I can disable this?

Thanks in advance for any advise you can offer.