Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Toolbar

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bullet8654

Bullet8654

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:40 AM

On toolbar (Bottom Right) Right Click>Properties>Taskbar & Start menu properties>Costomize>Current Cusrtomize notifications>You then get current items> if you scroll down you get, or i have got a huge list of Past Items, do you know of anyway of clearing the past items Glenn

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 23 August 2005 - 02:01 AM

Choose to "hide inactive icons*... Not sure exactly what you mean though by "bottom right" .. if your talking about the system tray (were your clock is) then right clicking on it will not do it. You need to click on start.. then run.. type msconfig.. and under the startup tab you will be able to enable/disable any startup applications there.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 Bullet8654

Bullet8654

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:34 AM

Yes I Meant system tray. It you follow instructions you will see what i mean..Not start up items but past items, I cannot get anyone to understand yet if the following is followed, you will see what i mean. Right Click on tool bar near system tray then>Properties>Taskbar>Customize>Cusrtomize notifications>You then get current items> if you scroll down you get, or i have got a huge list of Past Items, do you know of anyway of clearing the past items

#4 fbelzile

fbelzile

basic

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy playing and learning about computers, bike riding around town with my friends and I am currently playing badminton for my highschool.

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:59 AM

Follow Microsoft's instructions:

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;283084

#5 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:40 PM

Choose to "hide inactive icons*...

The reason no one is following you is because if you have "Hide inactive icons" checked (which most do as it helps performance) then you dont have the option to "customize"..

#6 Bullet8654

Bullet8654

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 12:45 AM

Not to worry, but if you right click toolbar and click properties the option to customize is there even when you have hide inactive icons ticked. If you then scroll down the items you will find Past Items it is these iam trying to remove not just hide as they are a waste of space. Cheers anyway Glenn

#7 Bullet8654

Bullet8654

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 01:08 AM

Thank you ` Fbelzile ' That did the trick, Great Stuff Cheers Glenn

#8 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 03:53 AM

Not to worry, but if you right click toolbar and click properties the option to customize is there even when you have hide inactive icons ticked.

Yes.. its there but greyed out as shown here, hence previous post.

#9 Bullet8654

Bullet8654

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:51 AM

Mine isnt as you can see. Anyway followed other reply and found it in registry and deleted i Cheers Glenn See screen shot.

Attached Files

#10 fbelzile

fbelzile

basic

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy playing and learning about computers, bike riding around town with my friends and I am currently playing badminton for my highschool.

Posted 24 August 2005 - 08:06 AM

What Crow was getting on to was if you uncheck the "Hide Inactive icons" check mark, you won't have the option to customize, therefore saving space. By the way, When Crow and I said it saved some space. That space is so little. It's more of a human thing... We want everything organized and perfect. Anyways, I'm glad you got it to work. ;)

#11 Bullet8654

Bullet8654

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:32 AM

Many Thanks All Glenn :D