This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Accelerator

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I currently have a 2Mb broadband connection (supposedly). Each time I check the speed of the connection, I find that it is only 750 Kbps. I have been in touch with my ISP and they have told me that I will never always get a 2Mb connection (I dont think i've had a 2Mb connection yet!), because of Network Traffic. And there is not much they can do from their end. I am looking for an Internet Accelerator Tool. There are lots of free Shareware programs, but I just wanted to know if anyone is using one at the moment, and if so, which one. And are they any good. Thanks very much
hi markfox,

looking for an Internet Accelerator Tool


theres no such thing. at the most there are some OS tweaks one can do, thats it

Each time I check the speed of the connection, I find that it is only 750 Kbps.


you should check your rates at different times of day and different servers to get a good average.


I currently have a 2Mb broadband connection


you should get close to that number, (isp's say speeds up to…)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI