Hey, i was just wondering if anyone knew of a program which would allow me to limit the bandwidth allocated to another computer from mine. If so could i please have a quick run through.
E.g. Person on another computer is constantly d/ling therefore my internet is slowed.
My network set up:
Modem (connected to) Wireless router (D-Link)[All connections are through ethernet cables] (connected to) Computer 1/Computer 2/Computer 3
Here's a resource with links to specific instructions.
Please feel free to post back if you have additional questions.
And We'd love to hear back from you about your success.
Doug
You may be able to configure your router to allocate bandwith (usually via its http configuration - ie something like http://192.168.x.x ). Depending on the software and what firmware is available. Have a look at D-Links website
I must have had a senior moment during my first reply to you. I apologize.
I'll continue searching to see if I can retrieve the earlier found material.
In the meantime, please post back with your progress.
Best Regards.
*** Thanks for stepping in bringbackCthulhu. Your assistance is appreciated.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI