Does anyone know what is the best download accelerator/manager thats free?
I have been using flashget and now i am using DAP(download Accelerator Plus) and I am wondering if there are any other that are better/faster? If not which ones better out of these two?
Unless the user is connected via dial-up, in what way do you find these Download Accelerators to be of any advantage?
Postscript note: I haven't followed DAP for quite some time.
But aside from the obvious and necessary mechanisms of online prefetching, identifying the download user, and coordinating packet transfer, some prior versions may have been known to include some objectionable and even spyware characteristics.
Unless the user is connected via dial-up, in what way do you find these Download Accelerators to be of any advantage?
Postscript note: I haven't followed DAP for quite some time.
But aside from the obvious and necessary mechanisms of online prefetching, identifying the download user, and coordinating packet transfer, some prior versions may have been known to include some objectionable and even spyware characteristics.
Best Regards,
Doug
my speed is unlimited (normally 300-500 kbs for downloads)
Flashget was very good because it can split files into 10 parts, it has really good progress screen and It has a site explorer which can download .swfs. there are other things that i havent tried yet .
DAP free, can show regular and accelerated options unlike flashget (it automatically pops up when you try to download something). It has a great interface screen and everything is sorted. It contains a file shredder, webroot security scanner, and zip previewer.