Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

So many options... what's recommended?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jeff S

Jeff S

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:19 PM

I've spent quite a bit of time over the past week troubleshooting a trojan with the aid of your incredible forum. I fixed my trojan problem, but during that time, I have downloaded several utilities to help me protect my computer. I now have so many, I'm not sure which I should have running at Startup/real-time. I'm reasonably sure there is some overlap that could cause conflict and inefficiency. Here's what I've got; I welcome your recommendations: Windows Firewall SyGate Personal Firewall Norton Antivirus 2005 Microsoft AntiSpyware SpywareBlaster SpywareGuard 2.2 Ewido Anti-Malware Guard TrojanHunter Guard SpyBot S&D Resident SD Helper & Tea Timer AdAware SE A Squared I'd also welcome any "get rid of that and get this instead" type of suggestions. Thanks.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Siggyx

Siggyx

SuperHelper

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:33 PM

For what it is worth I will tell you what I have on my machine. Windows Firewall <<< no, I have a router SyGate Personal Firewall <<< yes I use a software firewall Norton Antivirus 2005 << yes I ise an anti virus Microsoft AntiSpyware <<< I have this and use it as an on demand scanner SpywareBlaster <<< I haver this as it blocks many infections from happening SpywareGuard 2.2 <<< I use this as it restricts 1000's of bad sites Ewido Anti-Malware Guard <<< I use this as an on demand scanner TrojanHunter Guard <<< do not use but it is a good tool SpyBot S&D Resident SD Helper & Tea Timer <<< I use ason demand scanner AdAware SE <<< I use as on demand scanner A Squared <<< I use as on dmand scanner AS you can see I use most of them. I use many of them as an on demand scanners as this use no resources but does use disk space. If I had limited space these are the ones I would keep but this is a personal choice. Software firewall Anti virus ( of course keep it up to date and active) SpywareBlaster SpywareGuard 2.2 Ewido Anti-Malware Guard SpyBot S&D AdAware SE